“Why is there mold in my home?” This is a question we hear time and time again by Low Country Homeowners. The quick answer is because there is moisture in the home. The EPA states that the key to mold control is moisture control. They recommend cleaning the mold up promptly and fixing the moisture problem. We can help with both! Mold left on its own will destroy structures, furnishings and in some cases cause allergic reactions which translate into high costs for homeowners.
“Molds gradually destroy the things they grow on. You can prevent damage to your home and furnishings, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.” – EPA
For more information on mold and its effects – http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldbasics.html#How do I get rid of mold