“Truly one of the most pleasurable business experiences out of a not so pleasant situation. On time, efficient, clean, respectful, and I felt confident in their ability from the first minute till the last.” – Amy Kissel, Home Owner
Let our family-owned, experienced team give you peace of mind in a stressful situation.
Disaster Plus exists to take the stress out of your mess. We understand that if you are calling us, you most likely are in the midst of a less than ideal situation. As soon as you dial 843-724-7247, we go to work immediately to provide you with peace of mind. We will be involved in all aspects of a Your Johns Island water damage restoration project from beginning to end. We promise to be by your side through every step of the restoration process. We have the equipment, expertise, and personnel to put your life back in order quickly and efficiently. We accomplish this by:
- Having an actual Disaster Plus employee answer our phone 24/7. Let’s be real, if you have mold or water damage in your home or business, you want to be able to speak with someone experienced right away, not some random dispatcher. By simply calling 843-724-7247, all of your questions related to property flood damage will be answered immediately by an actual Disaster Plus employee or owner. Yes, our owners answer our phone. We are a local, family business after all!
- Creating a culture of care. Unlike most service industry professions, the Disaster Plus team is not in and out of your home in a matter of hours. A normal water damage job for example, typically takes 3-5 days just to treat and appropriately dry. This is why our team meets every morning to discuss how we can better care for, respect, and encourage our current customers. Caring for you, the customer is our main focus, which is why Disaster Plus is Johns Island’s Most Reviewed and Highest Rated Disaster Restoration Company!
- The continual training and education of our employees. Experience is always the best teacher. Having been in business for 32 years, Disaster Plus is Johns Island’s oldest locally owned and operated Disaster Restoration Company. We would like to think we have seen it all and are well equipped to handle any disaster in the most efficient manner. We are currently a member of numerous Restoration Industry Associations and require all of our technicians to go through a series of industry-approved courses and trainings.
- Experience with various Insurance Companies. Disaster Plus’ owners, Fred and Tracy Norris have over six decades of combined water, flood, and sewage damage experience in the Disaster Restoration Industry. This experience translates into Disaster Plus’ dealings with insurance companies, as we will use our experience to help get your disaster covered if you happen to file a claim. For information regarding the relationship between Disaster Restoration Companies and Insurance Companies, click here. The information presented in this video will save you a good deal of money, time, and stress should you unfortunately ever experience a disaster!
With 32 years of providing restoration services to Johns Island SC and the surrounding areas, we would like to think we are doing something right. Disaster Plus has helped people recover their homes and businesses from the devastation that flood damage can cause. Remember that what you may think of as a small amount of water damage should not be ignored. We are not some fly-by-night company that will leave your home in shambles after a disaster, but rather a team of local disaster specialists here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. How may we serve you?
Every phone conversation I had with them they were so caring and concerned, and made me feel like I was the only guy having a problem. I tell you man, Disaster Plus, I just left the keys with them and said hey, take care of my building. Disaster Plus, they’re people you can trust.
– Todd H., Pastor, New Heart Gathering
Complete Johns Island Flood Damage Cleanup
When your Johns Island home experiences water or flood damage, it’s important to start the water damage cleanup process sooner than later. Starting flood cleanup right away increases the likelihood of saving water-soaked furniture, rugs, carpet, clothes, and other items. Your building’s walls, ceilings, wood flooring, carpeting, upholstery, and draperies can often be saved after exposure to water when the issue is addressed immediately, saving you the expense of replacement later.
The sooner you make the call for emergency water removal, the better your chances are to salvage your household furnishings and reduce additional water restoration costs. From water removal services and extraction to complete large-loss commercial property restoration, from any emergency that may happen, whether you are a victim of storm damage or hurricane damage or you’ve discovered broken pipe water damage or leaky pipe water damage, air conditioner leaks, sink overflow, toilet overflow, refrigerator, bathtub overflow, dishwasher overflow, washing machine, water heater, or sump pump malfunction, hardwood floors or need hardwood drying, Disaster Plus home water damage restoration specialists will apply the most innovative methods available to remove excess water and moisture, and to stop the cycle of water damage in your home as quickly as possible.
Crawlspace Water Damage Cleanup
Crawlspaces are prone to flooding and there can be several causes behind the water in yours. This could be because of a busted pipe or a leaking waste line. By far the most common cause of crawlspace flooding is due to excessive amounts of rain, poor yard drainage and sewer backups are common culprits behind a leaky foundation.
We will get your crawlspace cleaned up quickly and professionally. Call us before your crawlspace gets worse.
Sewage Cleanup in Johns Island SC
Disaster Plus has no issue handling your sewage backup cleanup. Your sewer system can cause massive problems when problems arise. In addition to the overbearing stench created, Other problems such as fungi, viruses, and other pathogens can create serious health hazards. If sewage problems remain untreated, they can cause major structural damage which can be extremely expensive to repair.
Johns Island SC sewage damage can contain high amounts of harmful bacteria and there are serious health risks associated with such damage. It’s critical that you do not try to clean up a mess from any broken pipes that are connected to a sewage line. Coming in contact with raw sewage can cause disease, can destroy your valuables and cause severe damage to your home or business. Only trained professionals with the right equipment should handle sewage removal. Our team of certified experts have years of experience resolving various sewage cleanup and repair problems. When you need sewage damage cleanup, Disaster Plus is there for you.
Using the Latest Technology for Water Cleanup & Removal and Hardwood Drying
In the event that hardwood flooring is affected, we begin by determining the extent of the damage. If the hardwood floors are deemed salvageable, they are dried in place. Hardwood drying is performed using an Injectidry hardwood floor drying system, a state of the art system involving the use of molded plastic panels attached to a vacuum unit.
Our water cleanup team is highly skilled and experienced in using cutting-edge techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to bring your home or office back to the original, intended use as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
Standing water is extracted from the building using truck mounted extraction units. Our water extraction trucks utilize the latest technology in subsurface extraction tools. These tools allow us to physically remove 90% more moisture from carpet and pad than a standard carpet cleaning wand. This process shortens the drying time, subsequently lessening the possibility of microbial growth.
Specific moisture detecting tools are used to determine where the water has migrated. All of these areas are addressed and properly dried as well. Any structural damage is repaired or replaced. Great care and up to date techniques are used to prevent damage from warping, swelling, buckling and delaminating.
Contact Us For All Your Flood and Hurricane Damage Needs
Between being temporarily removed and financially setback, it can be difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Our goal is to navigate you on the road to recovery in the best way possible.
We are a water damage restoration company that provides services for residential and commercial water damage repair throughout Johns Island SC and the surrounding areas. If you have an emergency water damage situation and are in need of our flood cleanup services or have questions regarding the insurance claims process, please give Disaster Plus a call today at 843-724-7247.
What Our Customers Are Saying
It’s no secret. Disaster Plus is Johns Island’s longest running, most trusted, and best-reviewed Disaster Recovery team. We pride ourselves in ensuring that clients receive top-notch service — and our reviews tell the tale. Please take a moment to read what our customers have to say or watch our video testimonials.