As we all know, bathroom water damage can be very expensive to repair, especially if mold is present. If and when you notice discoloration on walls, or cracked sheet rock, you should have the area repaired right away by a reliable water damage treatment company on Seabrook Island, SC. Without the right tools and cleaning procedures, it’s highly likely that the damage will resurface and worsen.
Here’s a few tips on how you can prevent bathroom water damage:
- Check beneath the sink and the faucet for any leaks
- If drains appear to be clogged, use a drain cleaner to improve the speed of drainage
- Check your bathtub for missing or cracked tiles and repair them
- Keep water off your floor by drying it up after a shower, or by using a bathmat
- Have an exhaust fan installed to eliminate humidity and moisture
- Re-seal around your sink if caulking is cracked or missing
Prevent contamination from spreading to other areas of your home by tackling your water damage as soon as possible—it’s important to do this in order to avoid health risks. Consult a trained and certified restoration technician to help ensure the problem does not recur.
If you’d like to know more about Water Damage services for Charleston and the Lowcountry or simply want to contact a 24/7 water damage repair company for Seabrook Island, call DisasterPlus247 at 877-724-7247.