Molds are fungi that can be found both indoors and outdoors, and they have the ability to survive harsh environmental conditions, making them difficult to eliminate. Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions, and spread and reproduce by making spores.
Many people are sensitive to molds. For these people, exposure to molds can cause symptoms such as:
- nasal stuffiness,
- eye irritation,
- or skin irritation.
In cases of individuals with serious mold allergies, the reactions can be far more severe. Severe reactions may include fever and shortness of breath. Some people with chronic lung illnesses, such as obstructive lung disease, may develop mold infections in their lungs.
When mold is found in your home, it can present a danger not only to your health, but to the structure of your home as well. Mold left untreated can destroy the building materials used in your home, resulting in thousands of dollars worth of damage.
Along with the ever-present health risk associated with mold exposure, the potential for damage makes mold one of the worst problems a homeowner can face.
If you find mold growing in your home, don’t try to tackle the problem yourself. This is one of those instances where it really pays to bring in a mold remediation expert. A company that is certified in mold remediation is your best chance of removing the problem quickly and reducing the potential dangers to your home and your family.
To learn more about mold and fungus removal for Sullivan’s Island or for certified mold remediation services in Charleston and the Lowcountry – call DisasterPlus247, your peace of mind hotline at 877-724-7247 .