Whether your home had water damage because you live in a flood hazard zone, or due to a plumbing problem, call in the professionals to take care of the water damage cleanup.
Why should I call a professional for water damage cleanup?
Unfortunately, water damage can be problematic because water damage is not always visible to the naked eye. For example, moisture can be trapped behind walls, baseboards, subfloors or in drywall, weakening the house structure which can lead to problems such as sagging ceilings and warped floors. Or it can be hidden under carpets, in books and other fabric and materials which can become a breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
What should you expect from a professional water damage restoration company?
A professional water mitigation expert that is certified by the IIRC will know how to follow the most up-to-date procedures to ensure a safe and through water damage cleanup. You should expect the following:
- Remove area contents
- Extract the water from the flooded area. It is important to get the water extracted as soon as possible in order to avoid secondary damage.
- If there is significant water, remove soaked debris such as drywall, carpet and padding
- Check for moisture behind walls and subfloor
- Dehumidify with commercial grade dryers and dehumidifiers
- Deodorize and sanitize the area
- Restore structure and contents to its pre-flood condition
View this video to see how Disaster Plus mitigated water damage, at Garrett Academy, and restored it to its pre-flood condition, in just 48 hours!