Mold and Fungus is generally a problem in wet, humid conditions. When you take steps to prevent and/or remove mold and fungus, you also eliminate the potential for unnecessary harm to your health and home.
The following describes the mold and fungus removal issues you need to be aware of :
- If there is visible fungal growth and it covers an area of more than 10 square feet, it is essential that it be removed as soon as possible.
- Even if it appears to be affecting a smaller area, mold shouldn’t be ignored.
- Because Fungi problems often require containment methods when there’s a high risk of exposure and cross-contamination.
- It’s possible for a small infected space to release more mold spores into the air than a larger area with less mold growth. In this case, the smaller space would require a higher level of containment, as the infestation can spread much faster.
- Limited containment is used when mold invades 10 to 100 square feet of area. Even in this size area there is the potential to cause health issues, along with substantial damage.
- Full containment is needed when the affected space consists of more than 100 square feet and can very easily see the spread of mold to other areas of the home during the remediation procedure. Larger negative air machines using HEPA filtration are utilized in large scale containment.
Now that we’ve discussed Mold and Fungus removal – how do we keep if from returning?
There’s only one way to be certain that your mold problem won’t resurface and that is by eliminating moisture. No matter how effective you think your mold and fungus removal and cleanup job may be, you can expect to see mold again if your indoor environment has high humidity levels and lingering moisture. We recognize that’s no easy task here – however you’ll instantly decrease your chances of mold growth if you implement the following:
- Vent rooms that are prone to wetness such as bathrooms and laundry areas.
- Use air-conditioners and de-humidifiers to prevent mildew from developing on surfaces like windows, piping, floors and walls.
- Use the exhaust fan when cooking will help transfer excess heat and steam outdoors to reduce indoor humidity.
- Clean and dry water damage, as well as any wet construction materials and furnishings, within 24hours
Why is it advisable to hire an expert?
Specialists such as DisasterPlus247 are trained and certified in remediation and will determine the proper cleaning protocol to follow. Methods of cleaning depend upon :
- the amount of fungus
- and where it has begun to colonize.
DisasterPlus247 has been providing home and business owners with top rated mold cleanup and removal services for over 26 years. Our team utilizes all of the latest technology and practices to successfully rid your home of harmful microorganisms and contaminates. Protect the air that you breathe and the health of your loved ones with expert attention for your indoor mold problem.
To learn more about mold and fungus removal for Sullivan’s Island or for certified mold remediation services in Charleston and the Lowcountry – call DisasterPlus247, your peace of mind hotline at 877-724-7247 ..